Life's a Climb... But the view's great!

Monday 31 December 2012

Top 12 of 2012

My Top 12 Beauty Products of 2012
From Left to Right: Moroccan Oil, Naks Surf Styler, Benefit They're Real Mascara, Australis Finishing Spritz, Beauty Blender Urban Decay Naked Palette, Revlon Lip Buttters, Maybelline 24 Hour Color Tattoo, MAC Studio Fix Powder, Essence Lip Liners, Tarte Amazonian Clay 12-Hour Blush in Dollface.



For me 2012 has been an amazing year. My we found passion and obsession with make up began late in 2011 and has grown considerably throughout 2012. Needless to say my collection has quadrupled and I have fallen in love with many products in 2012!

1 - Maybelline 24 Hour Color Tattoo by Eye Studio

Maybelline certainly hit the nail on the head when they released these little babies! Easily the stand out of the year for me, the Color Tattoos have transformed my make-up application.  I love the versatility of the Color Tattoos; they can be worn alone or used as a base for applying eye shadows. Long wearing, blend-able, exceptional pigmentation and colour payoff, combined with a formula reminiscent of the ever popular MAC Paint Pots, the Color Tattoos have quickly developed a cult-like following amongst beauty fanatics. To top it off, the price point, in my opinion, is extremely reasonable, even in Australia. Currently on sale at Chemist Warehouse for just over $5, a savvy shopper will always pay under $10! If you haven't yet checked out the Maybelline 24 Hour Color Tattoos I strongly recommend that you do; trust me - you wont regret it!


2 - Revlon Lip Butters

Although way overpriced in Australia, in comparison to the American RRP, Revlon Lip Butters are definitely a stand out of the 2012 for me. I have thoroughly enjoyed collecting these throughout the year and I can confidently say that they have become my daily lip product, replacing my usual boring lip conditioner. What I love most about the Lip Butters is that they are so nourishing and moisturising, ensuring that my lips stay in tip top condition! The wide colour selection means that I can select the perfect shade to match any look or outfit, day or night. They're so good, even my mum has stolen a couple!!! If only the price point was lower and more aligned with the USA, my life would be complete!

3 - Urban Decay Naked 1 Palette

I owe a lot to this Palette; it, as well as YouTube, really began my love/obsession with make-up. My parents bought me Naked 1 for Christmas 2011, and it sparked something inside of me. I have loved using this palette throughout 2012 to create some simply gorgeous looks. In my opinion this is the ultimate eye shadow palette; it is perfect for creating day or night time looks and has a colour selection well suited to all skin tones. The formula of the shadows is gorgeous and a delight to work with, so buttery and smooth, excellent pigmentation and superior blend-ability. When travelling throughout 2012 the Naked Palette has always been right by my side and has been the perfect travel companion. I have also picked up Naked 2 throughout 2012, but I don't seem to reach for it as much. I'm excited to see what 2013 has in store for me... will Naked make my top 13 of 2013??? Only time will tell!

4 - Tarte Amazonian Clay 12-Hour Blush in Dollface

My lovely Hubby Luke picked this up for me when he was in the US in mid 2012. All i can say is WHY-O-WHY can't I easily get Tarte in Australia???????? It makes me so sad! This product is Ah-Maze-Ing!!! It is, hands down, my most favourite blush of all time; I actually reach for it all the time. In a word, it is sublime. Gorgeous on the skin, amazing pigmentation, easy to work with, just the most wearable, natural pink colour; the list is endless! I could rave about this for hours! The only problem is that I need more Tarte Amazonian 12 Hour Clay Blushes.... because one is just not enough for a make-up junkie like me!

5 - Essence Lip Liners

Recently, Dom from DOMMsmiles did  The Best of Essence Video. After watching and hearing her rave about the range I quickly went to my local Target and grabbed a few products. By far my favourites would have to be the Essence Lip Liners. I initially purchased just one, but after using it, and falling in love with it, I went and purchased the complete collection. WOW!! These are fantastic! At just $1.95 RRP you simply can't go past these lip liners. I have used a few lip liners from various companies and by far these are up there with the best, particularly in terms of value for money. They are a beautiful formula, the colour range is divine and they are a dream to apply. Even though I only really discovered these towards the end of 2012, I have to include them in my top 12 because they have fast become an essential part of my make-up routine, providing a gorgeous base and ensuring my lips look their best!

6 - Garnier BB Cream Miracle Skin Perfector For Combination to Oily Skin in Light

When Garnier released their BB Cream for Combination to OilySkin the beauty community was sent in to a buzzing frenzy of excitement and delight. At just $13.95 RRP for 40mL, this has quickly become my daily face product. With it's exceptional coverage, ease of application and considerable staying power, it's hard to go past this product as a day to day foundation solution. And to add to it's already glowing report card, the Garnier BB Cream is SPF 15, which is great for the harsh Aussie sun. I have also found myself using this as a primer/base when wearing a foundation which doesn't contain SPF. After using this product since its release it's easy to see why it's Australia's number 1 BB Cream and is most definitely one of my Top 12 for 2012.

7- Benefit They're Real Mascara

Quite simply my lashes have never looked better! This is by far the most amazing mascara I have ever used. The formula is  remarkable,  adding volume, length and definition to lashes, without clumping or looking unnatural. The wand is brilliant, ensuring that the lashes are separated and the product is applied evenly. This is easily one of my favourites of 2012 and I believe this mascara will be my holy grail throughout 2013.

8 - Beauty Blender

If you don't have a Beauty Blender, you need one. I know that some people may say that they are sooooo 2 years ago, but I personally don't think you can go past this egg-shaped sponge for perfect, flawless make-up application. It manages to always give my skin an airbrushed finish and, to be honest, it makes foundation application a breeze. Also, I love how versatile this sponge is. I can use it for my foundation, to blend in concealer, to help buff in powder bronzers and blushers and, most recently I have started to apply my setting powder with my Beauty Blender. I find that no matter the job, the Beauty Blender is up to the challenge. In 2013, I aim to try out a variety of brushed for foundation application, but I really believe that nothing will beat the Beauty Blender!

9 - MAC Studio Fix Powder 

In 2012, I have really enjoyed this powder foundation for both setting liquid foundation and as a foundation on its own. The formula is beautiful, easy to use, great coverage and very long lasting on my skin. I find that it doesn't cake up and applies flawlessly when applies with a brush or sponge applicator. It's a great product and I have used it endlessly in 2012, however it is quite pricey. My mission in 2013 is to find a powder foundation I like just as much, but costs a fraction of the price; stay tuned....

10 - Moroccan Oil

My sister-in-law Nat from Myst Hair and Make-Up got me on to Moroccan Oil in 2011, and it has undoubtedly been a stand out hair product of 2012. I use it every time i wash my hair, placing a small amount in to towel-dry damp hair. It has been a miracle worker for my crazy, out-of-control curly hair. My hair has never been in better condition and my curls have never looked better. What I love most about this product is that it doesn't leave my hair oily and it gives me great curl definition without weighing down my locks. Luckily, Nat got me another bottle for Christmas - just in time because mines almost out!

11 - Australis Finishing Spritz

Mel from MissTango2 YouTube and MissTango2 Blog introduced me to this miracle spray and I haven't look back. I don't know how it does it, but a few quick mists of this after applying my make-up and everything just looks better. It seems to bring it all together and set the look. It's adds a beautiful glow to the skin and takes away any cakey-ness or powdery-ness that is sometime inevitable. And then, it also ensures that my make-up lasts all day, keeping my face fresh and flawless throughout. I can't thank MissTango2 enough for introducing me to this sensational product, and it is sure to stay a favourite for years to come.

12 - Nak Surf Styler Sea Salt Spray

2012 has definitely been the year that I have finally embraced my curls and worked with them, rather than against them. Nak Surf Styler Sea Salt Spray has really helped me with styling my hair and creating gorgeous beach-style waves and curls. This is an Australian Made product and personally, I love to support all things Aussie. If you're looking for a good quality Sea Salt Spray I highly recommend giving the Nak Surf Styler a go.

Well, that's it! My Top 12 of 2012. Thanks So Much for Reading and I am so excited for 2013. It's going to be a remarkable year and I can't wait to share it with you all. Please comment below and let me know what your Top 12 picks are of 2012. Happy New Year to you all.

xo Lisa xo 



0 comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.

© EsteemBeautyxo, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena